Passport Appointment Booking online:
Passport appointment booking has been made easier since the inception of Passport Seva Kendra online portal. I thought of writing this article is really important because I struggled a lot 7 years back in order to get the passport. I had to visit many the police station and post office to submit my passport application because the procedure was totally different at that time. I literally got frustrated and came to a decision I that don’t need a passport. After a lot of hardships I applied for passport and successfully received it. Now the process is made so simple that you can do everything online. This makes me think how lucky you all are. This article explains about important things about Passport appointment booking online. It gives you a brief idea of how to apply for passport through online and other things related to it.
How to apply for passport online - Passport Apointment booking online:
- To apply for the passport you have to visit the passport seva webpage http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
- Click on “Register Now” and then login with the registered ID and password.
- Now click on Apply for Fresh passport/Re-issue of passport. You will be getting the application form online. Fill in those details , you will be asked for basic information such as name, contact details, employment details and so on. Carefully fill in the form and submit it.
- Now click on “Pay and schedule appointment”. You can decide on what day you are going for the appointment, once you select the date, the passport seva will give you the appointment time. In order to fix the appointment we need to pay certain amount to the passport Seva. You can chose the mode of payment by credit/ debit card, Internet banking or SBI challan.
- Once the payment is done click on the “Print application receipt” This receipt is the acknowledgement that you have booked for the appointment which comes with an application number, take a print out of it and carry it with you at the time of appointment.
- You have to carry all your original documents which includes address proof, ID proof, educational certificates and the application receipt at the day your appointment is fixed.
- You can also download the E-form, fill the required details and then upload it to the website, the form is machine readable and it can capture the characters in the form.
- You can also apply for passport through Tatkal method, which fastens the process and you will be receiving the passport in week time.
Once your passport appointment booking is successful, you will receive your passport after a police verification.
Passport Status tracking - To track the status of the application follow the below given procedure:
- Go to the Website it - https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew
- Fill in the details required, the file type, file number and date of birth and click on Track status.
- You will get to know the status of your application.
For any information regarding the passport services you can call the customer care service at 1800-258-1800 from 8:00AM to 10:00PM
You can also get alerts and updates regarding your application status through SMS. All you have to do is select the “SMS Service” at the time of filling the application online. They charge Rs40 as SMS charge which is to be paid at the Seva office during your appointment. This is purely your choice to opt for the SMS service or not.
If you face any problem in receiving your passport you can file an online complaint in the passport seva website. Visit the website
Enter the details required such as name, Passport reference number, application details, applicants details, details of the issue you are facing and click on Submit. Your complaint will be addressed by the customer service representative of the passport seva khendra.
Hope this article will be helpful for you to apply passport online and know the process about Passport appointment booking, track status and report grievances.
Writer - Sangeetha M