Passport Fees India - New, Renewal, Tatkal Passport Fees Charges:
A passport is the most important travel document and identity document for anyone who travels abroad for the purpose of Business, leisure, holiday & tours, pilgrimage, education, medical, etc. A regular passport has blue colour cover and can be issued to every citizen of India who applies for it. This passport has a validity of 10 years for adults and upon expiry the individual has to renew their passport. Whereas, for a minor (18 years or below) the passport is valid only for 5 years, which should be renewed after completion of 5 years or if upon maturity (attained 18 years of age) the passport can be renewed immediately and the individual will then receive a new passport which will be valid for 10 years.
The various reasons for an individual to apply for a passport are;
1. Issue of a new passport – the individual can apply for a fresh passport if applying for the first time.
2. Re-issue of passport for an existing passport holder - the individual can apply for a re-issue of passport if they want another passport in lieu of an existing passport for any of the following reasons:
If there is any change in existing personal details
If the validity of the passport if due to expire
Validity of the passport expired more than 3 years ago
If the pages of passport have been exhausted
If the passport is damaged/torn
If the passport has been lost
In order to process any of the above procedures, there is a fee that the individual is expected to pay to the Passport Seva Kendra. Given below is the fee structure provided by the Passport Seva Kendra for the respective processes.
Please check the official Passport Portal for updated and latest fee structure.
Fees updated on 7 9 2016.
|S.No||Service||Application Fee||Additional Tatkal Fee|
|1||Fresh Passport / Re-issue of passport (36 pages) valid for 10 years including additional booklet due to exhaustion of visa pages||₨.1500||₨.2000|
|2||Fresh Passport / Re-issue of passport (60 pages) valid for 10 years including additional booklet due to exhaustion of visa pages||₨.2000||₨.2000|
|3||Fresh / Re-issue of passport (36 pages) for Minors (below the age of 18 years) valid for 5 years||₨.1000||₨.2000|
|4||Replacement of passport (36 pages) in case of damaged, lost or stolen||₨.3000||₨.2000|
|5||Replacement of passport (60 pages) in case of damaged, lost or stolen||₨.3500||₨.2000|
|6||Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)||₨.500||N/A|
|7||Replacement of passport (36 pages) due to change in personal particulars, valid for 10 years||₨.1500||₨.2000|
|8||Replacement of passport (60 pages) due to change in personal particulars, valid for 10 years||₨.2000||₨.2000|
|9||Replacement of passport (36 pages) due to change in personal particular for Minors, valid for 5 years||₨.1000||₨.2000|
- All the fees mentioned above are non-refundable
- Fee for application of fresh passport/re-issue of passport (36 pages) is also applicable for minors between 15 to 18 years of age, who wish to get a 10-year full validity passport.
- If the application for a new passport is made under Tatkal scheme, Tatkal fee is to be paid in addition to the application fee mentioned above
Below is a step wise explanation on how to calculate fees of passport application;
1. Go to home and select “fee calculator” from the ‘information corner’ column.
2. Select the service for which you would like to know the fees. E.g; Passport.
3. Select an option from the other tabs also; E.g; Type of service can be “Fresh” or “Re-issue”and select your age category.
4. If you had selected “Re-issue” there will be some additional options which you have to answer, such as below.
5. After selecting options for all the questions click on the “calculate fee” tab. The total fees for the required service will be calculated and will appear on the screen.